ENHANCE BALLROOM WITH YOUR COLOR THEME
What Is Up-Lighting At A Wedding?
DO WE REALLY NEED WEDDING UP-LIGHTING?
Up-lighting will create your wedding reception experience more rememberable in the modern world. Up-lighting will help aluminate the architecture in your wedding ballroom in the color scheme of your wedding and create the ambience of illuminating color theme on the wall and ceiling. While dance floor lighting is typically pointed mainly at the floor changing color and rhythm based on music during dancing. You might need both along with fog.
Up-lighting also should not be confused with venue room lighting which is mainly used to brighten up the venue. There are some wedding venues in Sacramento that have tried to put in their own built-in uplighting, but they are usually poorly placed within the room and use older technology. Each light is using the modern wireless technology with 9-12 large RGBWA Led light and battery operate, which is no harm to using the old venue power and no messy wire that people can trip over.
Style of Wedding Lighting
WHAT DO WE DO FOR UPLIGHT
Don’t settle for “Just Lighting” at your wedding. Poorly placed or poor-quality lighting can ruin your wedding photos. We’ve seen venues place 6 light fixtures at 45-degree angles (they didn’t have enough lights to properly light the room). We’ve seen other lighting vendors skip key architectural features (light the windows v. columns) and therefore lost the effect of even having lighting.
- What style venue is it? Barn? Tent? Ballroom?
- How tall is the area that you want to uplight?
- Are there a lot of window in your wedding venue?
- What time do guests arrive v. when does the sunset on your wedding date?
- What architectural features are there to highlight in the room? (Columns, Arches, etc.)
- What areas of the venue do you want to HIDE? (placing lights in a room will draw your eyes to what is lit, so things that are NOT LIT will be less visible)
- Are there electrical outlets readily available where you need to place lights?
- Is there space available to place lights or will tables be too close to the area?
- What color do you want to use for uplighting? Some LED fixtures only have Red-Green-Blue color mixing. Others Wedding LED Up-lights to have Red-Green-Blue-Amber-White-Ultraviolet for more color mixing choices.
- Do you want the light color to remain the same throughout your wedding? Do you want your up-lights to change color – as in scene changes at a theater production? Or do you just want the ability to dim them later on when it comes to dancing?
- If lights are to be placed OUTSIDE your wedding venue – they need to be IP65 rated (able to get wet/water on them)
Find availability & more information here
Get Quote For Lighting Services
CineCrown Up-Lighting Services
1015 25th Street
Sacramento, United States